- The child can swim at least 25m continuously, competently and confidently in a recognised stroke (i.e. unaided and without putting their feet on the floor) as this session will take place in the sea, a lake or outdoors water where they are likely to be out of their depth in the water.
- The child is aged between 7 – 14 years at the time of the session.
- The child will be taking part in a session that lasts approximately 45 minutes .The session will include safety messaging and an open water safety activity conducted by qualified instructors lasting up to 30 minutes.
- You understand the session is provided free of charge by the RNLI, Swim England and delivered by local delivery partners.
- You understand that parent/guardians must remain present throughout the sessions and that you must collect your child on completion of the session.
- You accept that due to changes in the weather and tide, the lesson may be cancelled at any time and the site coordinator will endeavour to inform you of this situation.
- All participants are required to wear a full length, well fitted wetsuit, rash vest and swimming hat that will be provided by Swim Safe.
- As a public facility, members of the public may take photographs however, if you have any concerns, please report it to a member of the Swim Safe team.
- By allowing the child to take part in a Swim Safe session, you and/or the child agree to participate in a short pre session and post session survey.
- You accept that your child may be photographed and filmed by Swim England, the RNLI or the programme delivery partner staff for media and promotional purposes. You can opt out at the time of booking or on the day if you notify site staff.
- Children who do not have photo consent will be provided with a wristband to wear for the duration of the session. Specific sessions may also have members of national or local media in attendance. If there is a requirement for your child to be included in material which may be used in media broadcasts, this request will be made separately.
I can confirm that if my child has a known medical condition or is taking medication, I will share the details at site with the appropriate person, this being the site coordinator. Children with known medical conditions will be provided with a wrist band to wear for the duration of the session.